Who doesn’t love Paneer! The creamy crumbly texture of cottage cheese goes well with a variety of flavors and is a treat for the taste buds. Here is a very delicious recipe which is surprisingly easy yet high on taste.
250 gms Paneer (Cottage cheese)
2 tbsp chopped green cilantro
2 tablespoon Srirancha sauce (a kind of Chinese hot sauce. If you don’t have it use a mixture of chilly flakes and vinegar)
1 tablespoon white Vinegar
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
2 tablespoon finely chopped spring onion (or regular onion if spring onion is not available)
Salt to taste
Few drops of oil to brush the pan with
1. Cut cottage cheese in medium sized pieces of about 1/2 inch thickness
2. Add all other ingredients and mix well
3. Marinate the Paneer pieces in the marinating mixture for about 15 minutes
4. Heat a shallow pan (I used indian cast iron tawa) and brush it with a little oil
5. Once the pan is hot put the Paneer pieces on it and cook until it’s nicely cooked and crispy from one side
6. Flip the pieces and cook the other side too. On a hot pan it’ll take about 8-10 minutes to cook both sides.
Your yummy starter/side dish is ready. Serve it with green cilantro dip (Green Chutney) and onion rings.